Kalabatta Unpolished Black Rice 1 Kg
Kalabatta is the finest variety of Indian Native Rice, which is Highly Nutritious.
About Our Indigenous Kalabhatta Black Rice :
- It has 1000+ years of history, seed is originated from Orissa, India
- It used to be consumed by only kings in ancient times, called as forbidden(normal people) rice
- Medicinal rice, especially cancer preventive
- Cow Based Natural Farming Produce
Rice Properties :
- Black colour rice, it is 150 days crop
- Minimum 8 months old rice, medium size grain, rice tastes neutral and sticky while eating
- Best to consume with liquid curries
Cooking Instructions :
- Ideal to soak 8-12 hours in water before cook
- Ideal to use 3 or 4 cups of water for 1 cup rice
- If cooker is used, minimum 6-8 whistles required to cook
- Better not to consume more than once in a day
- It contains more Vitamins B and E, niacin, calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc compared to white rice
- It is rich in fibre and the grains have a nutty taste
- The anthocyanins not only act as antioxidants, they also activate detoxifying enzymes
- The rice arrests proliferation of cancerous cells, by inducing death of cancerous cells
- Few researches shows that anthocyanins from black rice specifically arrest growth of breast cancer cells (Ex: Li-Ping Luo, a celebrated Chinese cancer specialist)
- Some Facts :
- We are trying to our level best to bring back our ancestors food..
- We would like to serve you raw and natural food. we have not added any chemical preservatives for artificial aroma
- This is rare indigenous rice and more raw in nature, can not be comparable with regular black rice available in market
- Our priority is farmers empowerment and customers trust
- Natural farmer gets minimum 50-100% higher than regular market price
One of the most negative results of the commercialization of agriculture is the total dependence by the farmer on external sources for all his farming inputs, including seeds. Whereas earlier our farmers used to “save” and “share” their seeds, today they depend wholly upon seed companies for their requirements.
Desi or Traditional or Indigenous or Native seeds are those produced, growing or living naturally in a particular country or climate. They are seeds that have been selected and managed by local people in the local growing environment.
Native / Desi Seeds give highly nutritious and makes us genetically strong like our ancestors. Our farmer has been cultivating Kalabatta from last 3 years in Subhash Palekar Ji Natural Farming Method. It is unpolished may take little more time for cooking. Absolutely no chemical were used while cultivation or for storage. Store in dry place and always keep in air tight bag / box while storing.
1 Kg, 5 Kg